The seventh annual Energy Manager Today (EMT) and Environmental Leader (EL) Awards programs have announced their call for submissions for the 2019 Awards. Entries for both awards programs will be accepted through the end of December, with an Early Bird deadline of November 16, 2018.
The EMT Awards and EL Awards from Business Sector Media recognize the year’s most innovative and successful products, projects and companies in the energy, environmental and sustainability industry. Judged by an independent panel of unbiased industry experts, winners are selected based on the success of their project, capabilities of their product, or by the entry’s overall impact on the industry.
Judges are experts and practitioners who are active in the space. Scores are determined by the judging panel with no input from the Environmental Leader or Energy Manager Today staff, and winners are named based solely on those scores. One Judges’ Choice Award is also given in each of the categories, as well.
Award ‘Establishes Credibility and Leadership,’ Says One Winner
Winners of a Product of the Year or Project of the Year Award achieve fame and fortune – or at least plenty of recognition among their peers and higher-ups, along with big marketing opportunities to customers and potential customers.
“EMC was proud to win a Product of the Year award from Environmental Leader for our EnergyMAXX Tool,” says John Loheit, director of strategic initiatives for the Energy Management Collaborative. “We leveraged the win through a press release and social media, and can now refer to our ‘award-winning prioritization tool’ in the marketplace which further establishes our credibility and leadership in the market.”
- Business Sector Media publishes an awards report featuring all winners, which is available for download throughout the year.
- Winners are featured for a year on a Hall of Fame on the Environmental Leader or Energy Manager Today websites.
- Product of the Year and Project of the Year Award badges are available for winners to use on their websites, promotional materials, product packaging, etc.
- Quotes from judges may also be used for promotion (real-life example: “Big kudos to P&G for taking the initiative to develop a bio-based laundry detergent. Good example of a product that is designed for the environment, produced at a zero-waste facility using renewable energy, and packaged for end-of-life management,” said one judge.)
Ways To Participate
- Submit a product or project on behalf of your company – there is no limit!
- Submit your customer’s product or project to recognize them and earn good will.
- Sponsor the Awards program and/or the 2019 Environmental Leader & Energy Manager Conference (ELEMCON).
- Attend the ELEMCON 2019 (May 13-15, 2019 at the Denver Marriott Tech Center) and the Awards Gala.
For more information about the EL Awards and EMT Awards, or if you’re a practitioner actively working in the field of energy or environmental management and are interested in being a judge, contact program manager Jacey Whittemore at email@example.com.
For details about awards sponsorships, please contact Sarah Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org.