Schneider Electric announced the addition of Germany and Italy to the global agreement with Equinix to provide energy management procurement services (EMPS) and sustainability services to their global footprint. With the addition of these two countries, Schneider Electric now provides its full range EMPS services to all Equinix sites in deregulated markets. This extends the current multi-year agreement through 2016 and includes 110 Equinix facilities around the globe.
Equinix, the data center and colocation provider, says its partnership with Schneider Electric has saved the company $11 million since it began in March of 2011. By employing a flexible approach to energy buying, Equinix, is able to manage its power spend like a natural gas hedging program by locking a percentage of its cost in different layers as advantageous market conditions occur.
Schneider Electric’s complete line of EMPS and sustainability services help customers like Equinix through:
- Full service energy management and procurement
- Utility bill management (UBM) to ensure billing accuracy
- Comprehensive Green House Gas emissions reporting
- Monthly electric variance reporting
- Resource Advisor energy management platform
- Annual budgeting
- Corporate-wide risk management